Garlic bread is called bread baked with garlic butter and traditional bread baked with garlic. It can be a side dish or an addition to dishes. Garlic bread with thyme is best suited: oregano, Herbes de Provence and black cumin. Such a snack is not only delicious, but also very healthy. Let’s find out how to make it!
Garlic bread is a great snack for a home party, barbecue or as an addition to tomatoes with mozzarella. Although we often complain about the unpleasant smell from the mouth after eating garlic, it must be admitted that garlic bread is delicious and very healthy. Below is a simple but wonderful garlic bread recipe.
How to prepare garlic bread?
You will need:
- one bread;
- half a cube of butter;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- half a small teaspoon of salt;
- herbal pepper;
- herbs, e.g. Provencal, basil, thyme, oregano, etc.
- aluminum foil.
In a bowl, grate garlic squeezed by a press with salt. Mix with butter and add finely chopped parsley, pepper and other herbs. We cut the bread into slices, grease each slice with our garlic butter on each side and put all the slices back together. We wrap the prepared bread in aluminum foil and put it in a preheated oven to 180 degrees for 15 minutes. And it’s ready!
Grilled garlic bread
Prepare bread, a cube of butter, 2 cloves of garlic (medium size), dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- Make sure that the butter is soft enough to be mixed. To achieve this, remove butter from the fridge and leave at room temperature overnight.
- Squeeze 2 cloves of garlic and mix with butter. Add salt, pepper and oregano. Cut the bread, spread with butter and bake on the grill until they brown.
Bread stuffed with cheese and garlic butter
- 1 wheat bread weighing about 50 dg – preferably slightly stale (or previously frozen in the freezer for 2-3 hours)
- 15 dg butter
- 15 dg grated mozzarella
- a large (but really large) bunch of parsley
- 10 garlic cloves
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut the bread with a sharp knife into a diagonal check, so as not to cut its bottom. You will have some problems with fresh bread, but it can be done slowly and accurately. With stale bread it will be easier. And the easiest way will be to cut the bread, which lay 2-3 hours in the fridge and became hard.
- Press the peeled garlic cloves through the press. Chop the parsley finely.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, add garlic, bring to a boil and cook all the time stirring on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until it begins to glaze. Remove from heat, add parsley, season with salt, mix.
- Pour butter with garlic and parsley between the bread cuts – leave 4 tablespoons for later.
- Now, put the mozzarella between the cuts.
- Wrap the bread in aluminum foil, top with the remaining butter.
- Wrap thoroughly in foil, put in a hot oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Take out the bread, spread the foil on top, put it back in the oven for 10 minutes, so that the crust will beautifully brown on top.
- Serve immediately after baking.