Cooked chicken is a suggestion for a low-calorie and easily digestible dinner. Served with steamed vegetables, it is a dietary meal for everyone. How to make meat not bland and overcooked? How to cook chicken?
What should you know about chicken
Poultry meat contains unsaturated fatty acids. It is characterized by a high content of zinc, magnesium, potassium and B group vitamins. These compounds increase the body’s ability to draw energy from food and strengthen the immune system.
Poultry meat is a dietary meat that meets the requirements of people on a gluten-free diet and who prefer low-fat products.
Compared to other species, chicken meat has a lower collagen or protein content.
How long to cook chicken
Cook the whole chicken 1 hour – 1.5 hours. Cook pieces of chicken (drumsticks, legs, fillet, wings) for 30 minutes. on a slow fire.
How to cook chicken breast
Cooked chicken is one of those meats that are the most easily digestible and low-calorie for humans. You can serve it, e.g. with vegetables, which will make the dish a full-fledged and healthy meal for the household. However, you need to learn how to cook chicken so that it just … does not overcook! It will also be worth remembering how much time to cook the meat – then it will be tender and juicy. If you have a whole chicken carcass, it will be good to divide it into slightly smaller parts – otherwise the cooking time of the poultry can be extended by up to … two hours!
- selected pieces of chicken (e.g. breast, wings or legs)
- cold water
- Wash the meat thoroughly and remove it from the bones. Arrange the pieces of chicken in a pot.
- Pour the chicken with cold water (whole).
- Cut the vegetables into cubes or slices – depending on how you prefer. Throw in the chicken with the water and spices.
- Place everything on the burner and cook for about 20 minutes – the water must boil.
- When the breast is cooked soft, drain it from the water and serve with vegetables (e.g. steamed). Optionally, you can also make any sauce.
How to make cooked chicken not bland
Chicken cooked in water is often a unique specialty because of the fear of its bland taste. This situation can be avoided by marinating the poultry all night in spices or cooking it in broth. It is also worth adding aromatic vegetables to the boiling water, e.g. leek, garlic or paprika.
Chicken in herbs – recipe
- chicken breast,
- Bay leaf,
- 2 balls of pepper,
- 2 teaspoons of your favorite spices
Put the breast in the pot, pour cold water, add bay leaf, allspice, pepper and a large pinch of salt. Boil and cook for about 15 minutes (time depends on breast size).
Take the breast out of the water, cool it down and cut it into pieces – slices, cubes, thick strips – as you prefer.
Pour a tablespoon of water into a bowl (or pot after cooking) and pour in spices, add chicken and mix well so that the meat sticks evenly – it’s ready!